Rear Spring - The results

To: Spitfires List <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Spring - The results
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:53:42 +0000
Hi Listers,

Over the weekend I swapped my rear spring, quite easy apart from one
stubborn bolt.

Anyway, the photographic proof, and what a difference it makes! Almost
looks odd, I can feel it when Im in the car, it feels like my back is in
the air. Now the car points downwards, I thought Spits had the problem
of pointing upwards? Anyway, the rear doesnt bottom out now.

The rear left, before and after:

http://www.pbase.com/image/7853838

The rear right, before and after:

http://www.pbase.com/image/7853839

A bit lopsided - but then that may have been the ground.

And finally the reason why it was so bad in the first place (thats the
top leaf):

http://www.pbase.com/image/7853836

A few more misc images here:

http://www.pbase.com/jcarruthers/rearspringswap1

BTW It turns out that my boot lock was broken because the of the latch,
so Ive got to get a new one of them.

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit