Re: Clutch salve cylinder help

To: dwillner@icontech.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch salve cylinder help
From: Cwn74@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:54:22 EST
In a message dated 12/19/2002 3:58:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dwillner@icontech.com writes:

> I've got the Spit's slave clinder on my bench for a rebuild and can't get
> the
> piston to slide out. It slides freely in the cylinder but doesn't come out
> entirely. Any thoughts on this, the rounded metal end cap is still in
> place, I
> didn't see how this would affectthe removal?, mnaybe I'm wrong..... TIA

Take the end off and the rubber.  There's a wire circlip inside the bore to
prevent the piston from coming out...

Doesn't anyone ever refer to a manual anymore?

Clark

74 Spitfire, 71 Stag
Reality, it's not what you think.
Clark W. Nicholls
CWNicholls@aol.com
<A HREF="www.cwnicholls.com">www.cwnicholls.com</A>
fax: 419-844-7564 (yes, 419 provided free by efax.com)
phone: 413-243-3433