Re: 80 Spit pushrod question

To: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Subject: Re: 80 Spit pushrod question
From: "Greg Schluge" <gschluge@cstone.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 23:50:31 -0500
You need a new pushrod, pushrod pin, and bearing assembly pin with
resistance stay.  I just did this.  My 76 got so bad I could not even shift
it into reverse with the engine running.

At minimum you are looking at pulling the engine forward 6- 8 inches to get
to the pins.  Best thng to do is to go the long haul and pull the engine,
replace the rear seal, clutch, clutch pressure plate, throwout bearing,
along with the components mentioned above.