Barn Find 68 GT6

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Barn Find 68 GT6
From: Cwn74@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 09:00:05 EST
Please reply to Doug!
<A HREF="mailto:dougcrawford@alltel.net";>dougcrawford@alltel.net</A>

Subj:   Barn Find
Date:   12/23/2002 7:11:46 AM Eastern Standard Time
From:   <A HREF="mailto:dougcrawford@alltel.net";>dougcrawford@alltel.net</A>
To: <A HREF="mailto:CWNicholls@aol.com";>CWNicholls@aol.com</A>
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Greetings! ( of the holiday variety)

The other day I spotted an ad in a newspaper from about 120 miles from here
down in KY for a 1968 Triumph GT-6 with a southern Ohio phone number. I
called and it was about 12 miles from me!! Yesterday Ian & I went to see it.

The 72 yr old owner met us in his driveway (Huge farm) & took  us to a real
barn. He solo'd & worked on brit cars years ago and his daughter drove this
car in the 70's He claimed it had been parked 25+ years and looked like it
might have.Had hay all in the barn & pidgeon poop, hay dust & clear plastic
over the car. He claimed it was solid and never wreaked, and from what I saw
(in 1ft of hay) it seemed to be. It was about as solid,dry , straight,
complete and original as you could expect to find these days.

It showed 90,000 some miles on the Odo. He claimed he had the engine rebuilt
back then & on the 100 mile trip home it developed a noise in the engine and
that's when he parked it.

The engine turns over according to him . It's dark blue with steel wheels and
overdrive. If any of your buddies are interested , I can get it for $ 4000.00
The old coot won't budge on the price, despite my best efforts and
horse-trading skills.

If any of your triumph buddies are interested, let me know.
Doug
<A HREF="mailto:dougcrawford@alltel.net";>dougcrawford@alltel.net</A>

Clark

74 Spitfire, 71 Stag
Reality, it's not what you think.
Clark W. Nicholls
CWNicholls@aol.com
<A HREF="www.cwnicholls.com">www.cwnicholls.com</A>
fax: 419-844-7564 (yes, 419 provided free by efax.com)
phone: 413-243-3433