seat belts - needed - old 'black box' rigid mount buckle

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: seat belts - needed - old 'black box' rigid mount buckle
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 05:23:14 -0500
HELP!  My carpet and seats are ready to go back in
Big Red (73 GT6)   BUT   I need seat belts.

I'm looking for a set of the old style retractable, 'box'
buckle seatbelts that were common in the early/mid
70's Spits and GT6s  The type that had the semi-rigidly
mounted 'black box'  buckle on the tunnel sides, and the
belt end next to the sill has a 90 degree bend to allow it
to be properly bolted to the floor, close up against the
inner sill.

I had purchased a NEW set of seatbelts (from a list
vendor) but the ends of the belts near the sill is not
bent at 90 degrees and can't be mounted the same
These buckles are on the end of a 5-8" cables and
stick up too high to be 'original' looking, or even more
simply...to my liking.

So I'm on the hunt for a set of used belts in good
condition...    preferably, the type that had the big box
buckle semi-rigidly mounted on the tunnel next to
the seats, and having the proper 90 degree bend in the
mount tab next to the sill, where it bolts to the floor.

Anyone with a pair..contact me off line rather than
clogging the  lists .. $$ for the right set is not a problem

tia.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com