Re: LBC, non-Triumph question- longish

To: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: LBC, non-Triumph question- longish
From: "Vic Whitmore" <vicwhit@rogers.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 22:14:11 -0800
Hi Scott,

My son has a Jag of that vintage, and yes the seats are on the hard side,
compared to North American iron.

One thing to take a real good look at it it the rear brakes, especially the
discs. If these need replacement, your into a big bill for repair, or a lot
of work. I helped my son replace his rear discs and it is a ton of work.
You have to drop the whole rear axle assembly in order to get them out. I
understand some people have been able to do it without dropping the axle
assembly but I'm not clear on how it is done.

You will find the parts to be significantly more expensive than Spitfire
parts, many times larger than a factor of two, and even up to four times.
Big ouch!

The Jag are lovely touring cars, albeit somewhat under-powered. Once up to
cruise speed they ride nicely.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire X 2
Thornhill, Ontario