RE: Off Topic - Who owns who?

To: "'Joe Curry'" <Spitlist@gte.net>, JohnZissler@aol.com
Subject: RE: Off Topic - Who owns who?
From: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:48:32 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Curry [mailto:Spitlist@gte.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 11:32 AM
To: JohnZissler@aol.com
Cc: dmitchel@ford.com; dr_faustus@pcisys.net; spitfires@autox.team.net

JohnZissler@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Doug, I sent Andy this link, hope it helped
>
>                http://autozine.kyul.net/Manufacturer/Manufacturer.htm
>
> Happy Spitting...................John (in the United Kingdom)
>
> Spit Mk II (1966) in bits..or as some would say (in restoration)
> Spit Mk III donor car     ( I am nearly a collector)
> Mk IV chassis with all running gear.......(I AM a collector)
> Outgoing mail is Virus Free.   Checked by AVG Anti-Virus-Guard
>
>                        http://www.grisoft.com

John,
That link is of limited value.  In examining it, I see that there are
very few brands which are no longer in production listed and a few
appear to be incorrect.  For example, I see (MG) Beside Rover and I am
pretty sure that both Rover and Jaguar are now owned by Ford, neither of
which are listed that way.  And Triumph is nowhere to be found.

Cheers,
Joe

Actually, Rover does onw MG, Ford owns Land Rover. And it does list
Jaguar as being owned by Ford.

But it doesn't list some of the more obscure brands such as DAF and
Yugo.

Doug