Re: dead electric - solved - sort of...

To: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: dead electric - solved - sort of...
From: "Steve W. Reilly" <luckyone@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:34:35 -0500
James,

If there is initially current at the two small wires on the solenoid when
you turn the switch
And the oil/ign light is on (dimly)
And those lights will go on and off mysteriously when you apply a larger load
And the car will start if you have the key in the "on" position and jump
the 2 large wires,

Then your problem is NOT the starter solenoid

You have a loose or corroded connection at EITHER end of the main BATTERY
CABLE that leads from the battery to the solenoid.

Hope that helps,
Steve Reilly
'70 Gt6's