Re: Strange Spitfire Fuel Delivery Problem

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Strange Spitfire Fuel Delivery Problem
From: sinclair@degenkolb.com
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:36:04 -0800
Adam:

I'm a little late chiming in here (on digest) - but if a replacement fuel
pump doesn't solve the problem you might want to check that fuel is flowing
cleanly out of the tank.  On my last Spit I extracted a bunch of old
newspaper and rust from the base of the tank.  I believe you can just
disconnect the line at the base of the tank and check that fuel flows
cleanly - watch out though, it comes out pretty quick if the tank is full -
you probably want to wait until it's about empty.

Good luck
Mark Sinclair
MKII, also in San Francisco, already broke down once on the Golden Gate
Bridge - don't recommend it.