couple nagging 1500 questions.....

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: couple nagging 1500 questions.....
From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:51:56 -0500
Need a little help with the following:

1. Car's RPMs are about 1000 when starting (choke engaged) and when I knock it
down the choke the RPMs drop to around 850 which I believe is normal. The idle
is a little rough, not bad really, until it warms up for about 10-15 mins and
then the RPMs gradually climb to around 1200 - 1300 where is runs very smooth.
Is this normal, if not, is there is a simple fix,  should I be looking at
something else?

2. Fuel gauge reads 1/4 tank after fill up. Temp is fine, so I'm thinking
stabilizer is OK. Possibly a leaky float on the sender, or something else? A
while back someone mentioned a cheap Lotus float that fits, if so, does anyone
have any contact info?

3. Windshield trim - how painful is this to install. Mine seems to have gaps
top and bottom the finishers can't hide which bugs me.

4. I replaced the trunk lock ass'y and attached the original "swingout" cover
that's held on with a spring and a pin. Mine was hinged from the bottom, but
lately I saw one hinged on top (which to me makes better sense?) and was
curious as to was is more common.

5.Still looking for a pair of dealer supplied trim rings (excellent condition)
these are the duller aluminum ones with the square edges, not the highly
polished stainless repros.

As always, I appreciate the help, thanks.

Dave Willner
59 TR3A Apple Green
80 Spitfire Carmine Red
70 BSA 441 Victor Special