Re: Bodywork prep

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bodywork prep
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 09:40:46 -0500
At 09:26 AM 3/2/03 -0600, Geoff Heyland wrote:

>Thanks to everyone for the information on hammers and dollies - very helpful!
>Sounds like I have to do some playing around with the parts car first!

Geoff,

I haven't seen anyone mention it, but Harbor Freight has a very nices body
hammer and dollie set for about $15.  I've had them for years.  They're great.

I also have a couple of items and links on my Morgan web site
(www.team.net/www/morgan) under the technical section about body work,
painting, and equipment.

There is a lot the hobbiest can do when it comes to body work.  But if the
metal is really crunched or folded, it's probably a through away for most
of us.

But the key is patience!  Body work is very labor intensive.  I've got over
250 hours in doing the body work on my Bricklin and I'm still working with
a primer/sealer and fixing cracks in the acrylic.  So far I've had to shoot
4 coats of sealer, as I keep sanding through it.  I can't wait to get the
1st coat of real primer on.

John

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V
                       65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org