Re: lack of power

To: Alan Lemen <ralemen@cableone.net>
Subject: Re: lack of power
From: Dave Chu <dave@ece.concordia.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:35:25 -0500
In message <3E6F94C3.6070800@cableone.net>you write:
>Some time ago you may remember by fuel pump problem. Well I have the new
>one now and after the dumping gas episode with a stuck float valve it
>was running fine. So today with the sun out and feels like spring is
>here, I took the car out. Started OK as it's been a couple of week since
>she last ran. Got around the corner and she started running rough with
>very little power. Managed to trundle back around the block home. Could
>not see anything wrong. Managed to get her running fine again after
>checking that there was fuel, but she did it again this time it was
>about 1/2 mile from home when the gremlins struck again. I tried to see
>if there was a pressure build up in the gas tank and even tried to run
>with the top open but still no luck. so persuaded her home again and
>still can't see what gives. She now runs fine again, but I suspect that
>driving back out she'll loose power again.
>
>Any ideas as I checked the obvious even to making sure there is fuel in
>both fuel bowls.

   Sounds like you might have some dirt or particals in your fuel tank.  The
   car runs fine for a while until these particals are suck into the fuel
   inlet blocking the flow and causing the engine to loose power.

   Try changing the fuel filter or bypassing it to see if that is the
   problem.

Dave                                                  |\ |     | |