RE: Air Compressors- Which is best?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Air Compressors- Which is best?
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 07:13:34 -0500
Don wrote:

> Trying to figure out which type of air comp is best.
> Have found ones that are oil less and ones that use
> oil and are of the piston type. Any help???

Don,

I have to agree with Henry: "Before you even start to think
about air compressors step back and look at what you will be
using it for."

However, you almost always end up wanting to do more than
you
originally had envisioned.  A neighbor just got a very small
compressor for filling his tires.  Then he got a nail gun.
No problem.  But if he decides to try spray painting,
sandblasting, or even using an air sander, his compressor
will NOT do the job.

You might also want to check out the article on Media
blasting
that I've written on my Morgan web page.  It has some info
on compressors.

http://www.team.net/www/morgan/tech/blasting/mediablast.html

John

        65 Rambler Classic