Cleaned butterflies in Carbs

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Cleaned butterflies in Carbs
From: JohnZissler@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:50:49 EST
Hi All,
            Just thought I would impart some info that I gleaned from an
engine builder friend of mine. I mentioned to him that I had cleaned the
butterflies on my SU's, he said that I would have some trouble getting the
carbs to idle until the carbon build up was back on the edges of the
butterflies. It isnt much, just a couple of thou but that is all that is
needed to give bad idling. He said about 150 to 200 miles would do it. Some
of the earlier postings of bad idling could have been attributed to this
problem.  Anyway, just another snippet of information to put into the memory
banks.

Happy Spitting..................John  (In the UK)

Spitfire MkII in bits. (Others call it restoration)
Spitfire Chassis MkIV (awaiting a spot of welding) I am nearly a collector
!!!!!!!
Spitfire Mk III (for spares)   I 'am' a collector !!!!!!

This email is scanned by AVG Anti-virus protection  (www.grisoft.com)