Crash Photos

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Crash Photos
From: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 15:04:54 +0100
Thanks for all your wonderful and supportive replies.

I went to look at the Spit today - took some photos: (as usual)

Not for the squeamish...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hj.carruthers/crunch/

Talk about these cars having personality - take a look at the first
shot... sums up how Im feeling...

Interesting to see how the car survived... the toolbox in the boot added
some strength and the hard top must have also stopped the car from
crunching up even more.

The chassis looks ok though... interesting to see other parts of the car
that got damage... like the bonnet is squashed up at the top... the door
gaps are squashed... not all that surprising... the whole where to
toolbox has pushed againts the wheel arch... you can see the tyre...
interesting to see how the paint has come off in odd places... like door
edges and stuff...

Personally I feel much better today... in fact I really only have a
swolen lip, and a bit of neck and back ache...

James