Re: Fw: [triumph_herald] Fw: State goverment in action! no LBC,

To: Suzie <suzie.singleton@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: [triumph_herald] Fw: State goverment in action! no LBC,
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 14:22:57 -0600
Suzie wrote:

> Some of you may have already seen this - but I figured it was still worth
> repeating.
> Suzie
>
> > This is hilarious.  Take the time to read it.

www.truthorfiction.com has this to say about the letters:

The Truth

Both letters are authentic although slightly different than their originals.
Stephen Tvedten says the beavers that built the dams on his property were
killed by his neighbor who was then concerned
about what would happen to the abandoned dams.  The neighbor lived downstream
where any debris from the dams would go if they disintegrated.  Tvedten says
his neighbor told the state authorities that
he had seen Tvedten tending to the dams and reported him.  A spokesperson for
the state, however, says there was evidence that the dams had human
intervention, namely the installation of some 2 x 4's.
According to state law, beaver dams cannot be built or maintained except by
beavers. On Tvedten's website, he has a copy of an email sent by the Michigan
office to someone inquiring about the beaver
dam letter and that says Tvedten had been seen maintaining the dams.  Tvedten's
response was that they were "dam" liars.

The actual letters are here:

http://www.getipm.com/personal/dam.htm

The follow-up email is here:

http://www.getipm.com/personal/dam2.htm

So, the situation is a bit more complicated than it seems--the initial warning
to the landowner from the government was not about beavers, but about human
intervention in the work of the beavers--the
Michigan DEQ simply didn't explain that properly--and about a possibly false
claim by a feuding neighbor.

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance.