Re: Engine temperature

To: "Ken" <sdspitfire@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: Engine temperature
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:18:42 -0700
To more or less corroberate Ken's results, I bought two quarts from the case
he purchased last year, and used this stuff in my freshly rebuilt engine.  I
have a new 190 degree thermostat, new wiring harness, new temperature sender
and NOS temp gauge, stock narrow width Mk3 radiator and stock mechanical fan.
In other words, bone stock cooling setup and new instruments so I trust the
readings I'm receiving are accurate.  In all temperature conditions thus far,
including 90-95 degree ambient temps, the temperature has never risen above
just over the halfway mark on the gauge, even during extended periods at idle,
and the overflow bottle has never come into play.  Even when I turn the engine
off, the temperature doesn't rise past the upper normal range on the gauge.
For hot weather climates, this stuff seems to be ideal.  I'm sold.

Take care,

Jeff in San Diego

1968 Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Visit the Totally Triumph Network
"Friendly and focused discussion of all things Triumph!"
www.TotallyTriumph.net