ethical question / question of principles

To: "spitfires list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: ethical question / question of principles
From: "Steve Carter" <steve@juggler.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:49:30 +0100
Hi Listers

I want to fit a fuel filter to my highly-original MkII.  The MkII didn't
come with one fitted.  I can either:

1) pull off the original (and quite rare) fibre-braid coated rubber hose
leading to the carbs and replace with newfangled rubber hose and the
filter

2) saw through my 35-year-old fuel pipes upstream of the fuel pump and
insert rubber hose and a filter

3) shell out on some mkIII pipes which accommodate a filter before the
fuel line.

option 1 keeps the most original car but means the fuel pump doesn't
benefit from filtration
option 2 saws through an antique fuel pipe!
option 3 means it's a MkIII mod to a MkII car, thus less original, but I
can save the original pipes.

Or am I just being silly.

What do you think?