Re: Definition

To: h_edward@bellsouth.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Definition
From: JohnZissler@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:52:53 EDT
Hi Ed,
            The thrust side of a bore,is how you describe the way the piston
rubs up and down the chamber. The conrod will always push from one side to the
other whilst pushing or pulling the piston up and down the bores, therefore
you will get one side of the bore wearing quicker than the other making it ever
so slightly elliptical. Hence the need for a re-bore when you put new pistons
(perfectly round) into a not so round bore.
Hope this explains it a little.
Any more info from anyone ? I am prepared to learn.......

Happy Spitting..................John  (In the UK)

Spitfire MkII in bits. (Others call it restoration)
Spitfire Chassis MkIV (awaiting a spot of welding) I am nearly a collector
!!!!!!!
Spitfire Mk III (for spares)   I 'am' a collector !!!!!!

This email is scanned by AVG Anti-virus protection  (www.grisoft.com)