Re: New to list - vac. advance question

To: Gary Roderick <garyr@MTENT.COM>
Subject: Re: New to list - vac. advance question
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:17:00 -0400
As long as the vernier is not jammed at one end of its travel, it should be OK.

Are you sure that the vacuum advance even works?  A crude be effective
way of testing is to unplug the hose form the carb and suck real hard on
it.  You should see the points move, and you should not be able to
sense any air leakage.

You should also ensure that the vacuum hose is connected to the
correct port on the correct style of carb.  If you have a Weber, etc.
it may not be getting the correct amount of vacuum at the correct time.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit