RE: Oil pressure gauge

To: "'David Mayer'" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil pressure gauge
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@COX.NET>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 07:13:13 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: spitfires-owner@autox.team.net
[mailto:spitfires-owner@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of David Mayer
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 8:47 PM
To: celiracer81@hotmail.com; spitfires@autox.team.net

Well...I'm an idiot.  So does anyone have pictures of their Oil pressure

gauge and where and how it attatches to the block?   I am pretty
confused
right now.  Is there even supposed to be an oil pressure gauge?  It
looks
like the existing one that the PO has on here is supposed to screw into
the
spot where i guess is the temp. sender?

Please someone explain?
Again, I am sorry for my lack of knowledge (after all, this is my very
first
rebuild ever).

Thanks,
  Dave
  '68 Spit Mk3

David,
What I did is remove the idiot light sending unit and take it to the
auto parts store and buy a "T" fitting with the same threads on the male
end and 2 female connections on the ends of the "T".  Attach that to the
block and screw the idiot light sender into one leg and the gage line
into the other one.  You will retain the idiot light as well as have the
gage to look at.

Regards,
Joe