Overdrive is in & working

To: nass@yahoogroups.com, "spit @autox" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overdrive is in & working
From: Howard Baugues <bauguesh@abcs.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 21:28:22 -0500
At long last, the overdrive transmission I bought in July or 2001 is
installed and working in my 76 Spitfire. What a relief, and what a job!
Had to struggle with alignment getting the tranny to slide back in.
Finally got it. New clutch, flywheel, & OD tranny, seems like a new car.
Test driving, at 3000rpms in 4th, engaged OD, & rpm's dropped to 2400.
Nice & smooth.

Now all I have to do before the Indy show is reinstall the tunnel cover,
radio, carpet, etc, and I'll be ready.

Thanks to everyone tha offered help and advice, Paul T., Gary D., and to
all the rest that gave me input or phone numbers. I didn't have time to
call everyone, but with Paul's wiring advice, and Gary's alignment
advice, all is well in Spitville tonight!

Thanks again,
Howard (cruising with OD) Baugues
Indiana