Re: Which Welder to Get?

To: "Daniel Parrott" <parrotthead01@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Which Welder to Get?
From: "Livia Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 10:29:35 -0400
Daniel,
Wilf and I built our own Spitfire trailer last winter, out of tubing, light
weight. 14 by 6 feet, tandem axles with springs, Empty weight  1150 pounds
[ 500kg],
drum brakes installed on the front axle, activated by the coupling hitch as
a run-in-system [surge], back up lock. We fabricated out our fenders out of
20 gauge sheet metal. Detached ramps out of aluminium beams, which are
stored under the Spitfire while towing. Neat little trailer.  A lot of
welding required.
We've towed a bit this year, and the trailer has proved itself very useful,
it's very well balanced.
If you want to see pictures, contact me off-list.
Cheers
Liv