RE: '77 Spitfire fuel gauge pblm

To: "Harve B Thorn" <maya2blue@juno.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: '77 Spitfire fuel gauge pblm
From: "Daniel Parrott" <parrotthead01@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 18:32:37 -0400
Did you verify the operation of the gauge with the sending unit outside (not
installed) in the gas tank?  You should be able to move the float arm up and
down with a similar proportional "up and down" reading of the gas gauge.

Also, the float may be sticking on its way up or down because of its
dragging along the side of the tank.  Make sure that the float arm is bent
in the right angle to avoid this.  Of course, there may be a bad ground
somewhere along the line. ALWAYS a possibility with Lucas!

Dan Parrott
Savannah, Ga