RE: English lesson

To: "'Bob Bownes'" <bownes@seiri.com>
Subject: RE: English lesson
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:11:48 +0200
Read somewhere that Triumph actually did build one prototype Spitfire 6, but
later scrapped the project. Real pity me thinks.

98% finished with the planning and parts gathering stages for my own
Spitfire 6 project. Few bits and pieces left to obtain and then I'll start
in all earnest. Biggest problem is locating a GT6 speedo and GT6 Smiths
heater valve together with the three-way union that fits on the end of the
heated inlet manifold. (Picture 6.17 on page 112 of Triumph Spitfire and GT
6 : A guide to originality by John Thomason).

Chris de Wet .
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa .
'56 TR 3
'62 Herald 1200 Coupe
'64 Spitfire 4 (Mk1)
'65 Spitfire 4 (Mk2)
'67 GT6 (Mk1)

? Vitesse 1600 Convertible (HB 8346 CV) ....... possibly soon.

" Triumphs are meant to be driven .... oil paintings are meant to be shown "