Floorpan removal/ installation

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Floorpan removal/ installation
From: Matthew Milkevitch <mmilkevitch@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 06:44:56 -0800 (PST)
Fellow Listers;

During the Thanksgiving holiday, I had to opportunity to work on the floorpans
on my '78 Spit.  As is typical, several portions of both floorpans have rust
holes, with the portion directly below the driver's feet being totally rusted
out.  I am therefore considering totally replacing the left side (driver's)
floorpan, since patching it may be counter-productive.  I am interested in
hearing other lister's experiences with floorpan removal and installation...any
tips/tricks and other advice?

Thanks for your help,
Matt Milkevitch
'78 Spitfire