Restoration project on Ebay, trans wanted

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Restoration project on Ebay, trans wanted
From: Ken Strayhorn <ken@dukecomm.duke.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:21:23 -0500
Howdy folks -

I know that most of you probably scan Ebay for parts and etc, but I
spotted this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/
eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2448323963&category=6469&rd=1

today. Looks like a good project car. It's located not too far from me
in central NC, if anyone is
interested I can always be talked into taking a ride to check it out
with you. Not that I am a great
mechanic or anything, but another pair of eyes is always good.

Also, if anyone in NC/SC/VA has an overdrive trans they would like to
sell, please get in touch.
I see them for sale on Ebay occasionally, but they are always in
California or Texas or some
other place that would make shipping cost almost as much as the unit.
I'd like to put this in
a '72 Mk IV.

Thanks much!

Ken Strayhorn