RE: Transmission

To: "'Paul-Ernest Levesque'" <pelevesq@globetrotter.net>,
Subject: RE: Transmission
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@COX.NET>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:17:14 -0700
Paul,
Yes, you can use the full synchro gearbox but you will have to shorten
the driveshaft (or use one specifically made for that gearbox.  When the
synchro for first gear was added, the gearbox was lengthened slightly.

The ratios are the same except for fitst gear.  The early boxes has a
first ratio of 3.75:1 but was changed to 3.5:1 in later full synchro
boxes.

Regards,
Joe Curry