Re: Rubber Bushing Removal

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <parrotthead01@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Rubber Bushing Removal
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 07:47:07 -0500
Vice and two sockets.

Use one socket that's larger then the bushing that the metal of the a-arm can
rest against.
Use a second socket that's smaller then the metal hole the bushing is in.
Place it against the rubber of the bushing.

Place this in a vice, and screw it down, pressing the smaller socket against
the rubber bushing, and pushing it all out and into the opening of the larger
socket.

Spitfire bushings remove easily.  It'll take no longer to do then reading this
message took.

>>> "Daniel Parrott" <parrotthead01@comcast.net> 12/31/03 06:33AM >>>
Any advice on the removal of rubber bushing from the upper and lower A
frames of my front suspension.  They seemed to have bonded.  I see two ways;
drill them out, or use heat and a c-clamp to push the rubber out. Any other
ideas?

Dan Parrott
Savannah, Ga

The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is
privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this
communication to the sender and delete the original message and any copy of it
from your computer system. Thank you.
<<<<GWIASIG 0.07>>>>