Re: Spit body lifting

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>,
Subject: Re: Spit body lifting
From: Sam Gentry <sam@spit6.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:39:22 -0500
There are many reasons to remove the doors!!!  I removed them because I was
doing a complete repaint and wanted to do some repair in that area.  I see
no reason to work around the doors just to avoid realigning them.  It is
not hard to do.  In my case I did not even use the doors that were on the
body.  Both were damaged and I had much better doors.  I have removed many
doors and never had more than a very little bit of trouble
realigning.  Most door alignment trouble is caused by loose hinges.

In addition, I did not say to remove the doors, I said that IF you remove
the doors you had better make provision to avoid problems with the body
when off the frame.  Since I had to remove the doors I welded angle iron
across the door opening.

Sam