RE: 4-to-1 Header Ident

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 4-to-1 Header Ident
From: "Gary Roderick" <garyr@MTENT.COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:28:06 -0500
Can't say for sure until I take a couple measurements, but it sounds an
awful lot like what I bought last summer on ebay for my '66 MkII - 1147
engine with dual SU's.

How did you get decent enough weather to fiddle in the driveway in the last
few weeks? I'm in Frederick, MD. and I can't remember a day lately that was
warm enough for that === LOL ....!!

Let you know after I take some measurements.

Gary

Subject: 4-to-1 Header Ident

A few weeks ago while fiddling with my Spits in the driveway, a guy stopped,
walked up the drive, and started talking Spitfires (happens all the time).
He offered me a header which he had had for years - but he couldn't remember
the year/model of his long-gone Spit.  He shortly came back and gave me the
header.  It's a 4into1, looks unused, but has no tags or stickers on it, and
I can find no markings anywhere.  The centerline distance from pipe #1 to #2
and from #3 to #4 is about 5+3/16", and from #2 to #3 a light 1+1/2".
Anybody know which engine(s) this fits?

Many thanks,  Ree G. in Silver Spring, MD  -  77 driver, 78 driver, 79 parts