Adding a drain plug to a differential

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Adding a drain plug to a differential
From: Ken Strayhorn <ken@dukecomm.duke.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:49:23 -0500
Friends -

About a year ago, we were talking about adding a drain plug to those
differentials
that don't have one. There were several good suggestions, from what
size tap to use
to install a standard drain plug, to buying a plug that uses an Allen
wrench to avoid
dragging the plug on high center objects. Someone even mentioned, I
think, a kit
you could buy that contained the correct tap and plug. I could have
sworn that
I saved that thread, but apparently I didn't.

If anyone can remember the specifics, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC
'72 MkIV