Re: DPO

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: DPO
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:35:47 -0400
> We knock around the "DPO" moniker. Let me tell you the latest one I
witnessed.

> The owner of a Mercedes dealership in the Midwest decided he wanted a TR6.
> He bought one and had his dealership do a restoration that would bring
> ttears to your eyes and a lump in your throat, it was so perfect.
===
I was judging at a VTR event and watched as a Spirfire MK11 was unloaded
from a hauler, the most gorgous restoration you ever wanted to look at, over
50K invested (yes 50K), it failed to muster 300 points in judging, everthing
about the car was not as original from bumper to bumper except the paint and
body style, such a shame the judges took the blame for this miscarriage.
Bad boys judges !!!!  "FT"