Re: chrome wings

To: "Hermann Gudmundsson" <dolli69@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: chrome wings
From: Ken Strayhorn <ken@dukecomm.duke.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 09:14:54 -0400
Hi Hermann -

> Hi, I am looking for the wings that are supposed to be on my spitfire
> mk3 1968, there are front and rear chrome wings......I think there are
> supposed to be some kind of chrome wings on the doors also but I have
> no idea what its called. But those are the "wings" I need.

Can't help you with those, but

> I also need to know what shields in the engine compartment are
> called....I think it is to stop dirt and wet coming from the tires
> into the engine room. It is supposed to be on either side of the
> engine.

Engine valences - you can order those from a number of places or you
can make your own. The easiest way to make them is to borrow a set and
copy them. If that is not possible, here's one of a number of places
you can find instructions on how to make your own:

http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spitenginepanels.htm

I made mine out of heavy-duty plastic - the side panels of a heavy
industrial Rubbermaid garbage container, in fact. The garbage can cost
USD10, the sweat was free of course.

> Im sorry if I am asking some silly questions here but english is not
> my native language!

No need to apologize, you speak English much better than I could handle
your native tongue!

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC
'72 MkIV