Re: early spitfire clutch slave cylinder rebuild kit

To: sinclair@degenkolb.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: early spitfire clutch slave cylinder rebuild kit
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 20:40:02 EDT
In a message dated 5/22/2004 8:19:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sinclair@degenkolb.com writes:

We I  went to rebuild my clutch slave cylinder and it seems I have the  7/8"
diameter (65-70) instead of the earlier 3/4" diameter (62-65).   The master
cylinder did not appear to change diameter in that period - can  you mix and
match between years?

I'm going to order the larger size  - but does anyone know the reason for
the change?
=====
The change in slave cylinder corresponds to the change from the old-style
"coil spring" pressure plate to the "diaphragm" pressure plate. Mixing and
matching doesn't seem to result in major problems, but it's probably just as
well
to stay with what was specified.
--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a  jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your,  er,
Triumph Herald engine with wings.
-- Cut-price  Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)