RE: GT6 / Spit doors

To: "'Nolan Penney'" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GT6 / Spit doors
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@COX.NET>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 07:33:26 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: spitfires-owner@autox.team.net
[mailto:spitfires-owner@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Nolan Penney
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 3:19 AM
To: spitfires@autox.team.net

Absolutely.  A number of folks have done exactly that, including myself.

>>> "Mike Nelson" <mike@spitfireguy.com> 05/26/04 01:17AM >>>
OK... not sure if this falls into the 'stupid' questions category... I'd
like to put GT6 doors on my Spit... I want the vent window.  I have two
GT6
doors, complete with glass, etc.  I have two Spit doors that are in
better
shape.  Is it safe to assume that I can gut the glass, mechanism, window
track, etc from the GT6 doors, and it will install in the Spit doors?

While ripping all the stuff out of the GT6 doors is a possibility,
wouldn't it be immensely easier to simply use the entire door and all
the guts from the GT6.  You will have to modify the glass to fit but
that would certainly be easier than doing a wholesale replacement of the
innards.

Joe