Re: Cylinder head nuts

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Cylinder head nuts
From: "Chris crisenbery" <ccrisenbery@fellerfinch.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 07:37:04 -0400
The nuts that I use on the race car come from an industial tool supplier
and are used to secure parts to a milling table I believe they are
called a shouldered nut very strong will not deform even with many
torque cycles and I don't believe they were very expensive. Just
remember to ask for the fine threaded ones as most times these nuts are
course threaded.  They look like a regular 6 point nut except they are
more like 3/4 in socket size and have a built in washer surface.  You
may need to grind a hair off of the washer diameter to fit the nuts near
the valve cover studs and their lock down nuts or turn the nut so the
point isnt towards the washer.