Oil Pressure gauge leak

To: spitfires list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Pressure gauge leak
From: elliottr@rmi.net
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:05:07 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Hi,

I redid my dash last year and added a oil pressure- water temp combo gauge.  It
looks great, but I have a persistent oil  leak at the gauge.  I assume that it
is the compression fitting.  I have tried tightening the connection, I even
tried using teflon pipe seal on it. Yes, I know on a compression fitting I
shouldn't have to, but I was desperate.

Any suggestions?  Should I cut off the end of the pipe and start over?  If I do
that do I neet to get new compression fitting parts?

Thanks,

Poger Elliott
1980 Spitfire