Re: GT6 Rebuild...Help!

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GT6 Rebuild...Help!
From: shovel@megapathdsl.net
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:46:15 -0800
The ESS suffix does indicate that the engine came from Spares Stock,
But the ME prefix indicates that it is a Triumph 2000 Mk2 engine.
Likely it is not as high performance as the GT6 equivalent unless
someone changed the configuration.

Joe

The "ME" prefix refers to a Mk2. 2000 (sedan) engine, which is
essentially the same engine as that in the GT6. "E" at the end simply
refers to Engine unit, and the "SS" usually refers to "Spares Stock"
or some similar designation for a replacement engine from Triumph.

I don't know that Triumph normally had any such thing as "crate"
motors, at least not as I think of the term "crate motor" (i.e., a
 Ford performance crate motor, for example). ;-)

--Andy Mace

Thanks Joe and Andy great information. Didn't mean to imply anything
by "crate" but a sturdy wooden box.

Does anyone know the difference between the 2000 and GT6 motors? I
presume they have the same block. Did the 2000 use the domed pistons?

Barry
'71 GT6 Signal Red (OK faded Orange and in boxes)