Re: rear spring

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rear spring
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:42:19 -0500
Grinding notches in a spring will tend to make it unreliable because
it's likely to crack along the grind edge.  But otherwise, it's not a
danger to clean up the rust from them.  Truthfully, the damage from the
rust is more significant, and it just isn't all that remarkable.  Even
if you break a leaf or two, nothing dangerously horrible happens, the
car just settles down further.

The heavier spring from BPNW gives a harsher ride in the rear.  That's
dandy for racing and spirited driving, but not so nice for just noodling
around and enjoying a comfortable ride.  I think the heavy duty spring
is also lower arched, so it's not going to raise your rear end up.
Double check on that.

Swing spring vs fixed spring with camber compensator, the choice is
yours.  I've seen good arguments made both ways.

The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is
privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this
communication to the sender and delete the original message and any copy of it
from your computer system. Thank you.
<<<<GWIASIG 0.07>>>>