What a Spitfire weekend

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: What a Spitfire weekend
From: Spitfire 1500 <s1500@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 23:13:54 -0500
Saturday: Get 4 new tires & alignment. How did I not see it before? I've
been running off of 3 radial tires & 1 bias-bly tire for 11 years! Guess
it serves me right for procastinating. Got a deal for for Firestone
tires for $160. Wanted Pirellis, but this is better than the existing tires.

The difference is like night & day. Almost no brake squeal, the steering
wheel stays centered, and it's a much smoother ride.

I spend the rest of the day(7 hours) straightening out the hood. Where
did those 2 shims on one side come from? Either way, problem mostly solved.

Sunday: Let's bleed the brakes! The bleeder screw on the left drum brake
go snap-a-roonie. Tried for hours to get it out, gave up. Guess I'll be
ordering from spitbits tomorrow.

On the lighter side of sunday, the rattle sounds from the ragtop pin
handles are gone, thanks to 2 big washers.

So, basically, an entire weekend devoted to the garage. Beats sitting in
front of a CRT.