Throttle return spring - Weber DGV

To: spitfires@autox.team.net (Spitfires)
Subject: Throttle return spring - Weber DGV
From: s1500@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:34:31 +0000
I took out the pushy throttle return spring from my old Stromberg, and just put
it around the throttle cable between the mounting plate & the rotator thingy.

Didn't even start the engine, just held down the pedal to the maximum, and it
only comes close to activating the 2nd stage barrel, but does not.

Tried tightening up the cable in hopes of getting rid of the slack, but no go.
The first degree or 2 of pusing down on the gas just tauts the spring + cable.

Back to the drawing board. Looks like I will have to find an anchor point front
of the carb & use a spring. I wanted to avoid that since it looked Rube
Goldberg-like. Thankfully I bought some springs for dirt cheap at Axman, and I
think I even found a replacement light for the tachometer(with the crown-shaped
thing) should I ever need to replacement, AND resistors to experiment on the
tach with.

Ultimately I want to engineer my own throttle plate(not in the carb, but the
thing the cable end ties to) + mounting, since IMO it is badly engineered.
Something with a shorter throw so I can get full throttle range + nice 90
degree angle to the l-shaped plate + circular surface for an even pull +
mounting hole for return spring.

Something beautiful could be made here.

--
http://infaux.net