RE: Neet Brit

To: "'Larry Vaughan'" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Subject: RE: Neet Brit
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:59:20 -0700
Larry,
If you recall, I suggested dearching the spring and the spacer as an
alternative to that.

Basically, I firmly believe in Kas Kastner's approach to the Spitfire
suspension.  As such, I would never suggest re-drilling the uprights as
a method to lower the car or adjust the camber.  He doesn't talk about
the spacer either.  But I have used that as a method to lower the car
and have not had any ill effects.  But that was on a Rotoflex
application.

The guy in Phoenix currently has the spacer and is unhappy with it.
Therefore, he asked me to recommend a shop that will dearch his spring.
You would have to talk to him for details on why he is unhappy with the
spacer.

My recommendations are just that.  Offered without warranty or fitness
for purpose.  You are free to accept of reject them as you feel they
apply.  But by responding the way you did, you are pretty much
guaranteeing that you won't receive any more suggestions.

Cheers,
Joe