rad fan

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: rad fan
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:15:26 -0500
I am trying to finish up my frame assembly to the point I only have to lower
the body on and hook up the necessary.

I'm thinking this will gain me a month or so, when the farmer shows up and
says are you done yet. You know complete frame and body up on a rolling rack,
looking pretty, but needing just a few more repairs?

I don't know why I feel I have to preface my question this way, but here I go,
and I know the answer will be go the whole 9 yards and get an electric fan.

My '73 Spit had a fixed plastic fan and the small/narrow radiator, which is in
excellant condition. I had my '77 wide radiator checked out and they blocked
off four tubes that were leaking, rodded the rest and resoldered the tanks on.

Would the fixed plastic fan be better than the clutch fan, which I have not
used so don't know if it works and would the wide repaired radiator with some
tubes blocked of be better than the excellant condition narrow radiator?

The aluminum flywheel should compensate for the drag of the fixed fan, right?

Larry