Re: Anyone have an oil-pan bolt layout?

To: npenney@mde.state.md.us, s1500@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Anyone have an oil-pan bolt layout?
From: Cwn74@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 20:57:09 EST
Or use a new pan gasket as a template, which of course you  have!

In a message dated 12/21/2005 11:37:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
npenney@mde.state.md.us writes:

You're  making this far more complex than necessary.

Just take a  cardboard box and mark one end front.  Then poke holes in
it in a  pattern that matches the number of holes across each side to
stick the  bolts in as you remove them.

Done and  organized!

>>> <s1500@comcast.net> 12/21/2005  10:53:59 AM >>>

When the weather gets better, I'm gonna unbolt  the oil pan. Does anyone
have a picture/diagram of the bolt layout on the  oil pan? I want to
print out a full-page sized one, tape it to some  cardboard, and stuff
the removed bolts on it to keep track of  things.

The Bentley manual is a bit confusing on bolt holes versus just  random
dots drawn on the diagram.

Clark

74 Spitfire, 71 Stag
"Reality... it's  not what you think"
Clark W. Nicholls
CWNicholls@aol.com
_www.cwnicholls.com_ (http://www.cwnicholls.com/)
fax: 419-844-7564  (yes, 419 provided free by efax.com)
phone:  413-243-3433

===     http://www.vtr.org