Re: Passing of a hero

To: "Ted Schumacher" <tedtsimx@bright.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Passing of a hero
From: "fred thomas" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 14:27:23 -0500
Subject: Passing of a hero

> This past Monday, Brigadier General Robert L. Scott passed away at age 97.
> Scott was a WWII ace with the Flying Tigers and the author of many books
> including God is My Co-pilot.  It is well worth your time to read through
> the many postings on the "condolence book".  A link is attached. People
> like Scotty are the reason we enjoy what we have today.  Please take a
> look and reflect.   My wife and I were fortunate to have had the
> opportunity to spend some time with Scotty. A true hero.  Ted
> http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/
>
> --
> Ted Schumacher
At VTR S/E 5 years ago the Squandron was having their annual convention in
Jackyl Island Georgia  at the same time, He signed a copy of his book for
me, it was very interesting walking around their display room and talking
with the remaining ones present, they were called the 97th Fighter
Interceptor Squadron"  "FT"

===     http://www.vtr.org