Weber throttle return spring

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Weber throttle return spring
From: george.r.parker@att.net
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 06:36:07 +0000
When I first put the Weber on my Spit (way back in '86!), I attached a
secondary throttle return spring to a hole in the frame below the throttle
mechanism.  This also provided, as another lister described it, a "firm pedal",
but after a couple of hours of driving, the pedal pressure under the ball of my
foot was so great, that it would make my toes numb.  If I were to do this
conversion again, I would pay more attention to making the carb work properly.
Just my opinion.  FWIW/YMMV/etc. etc.

--
George P.
Ruther Glen, VA