The ragtop is here

To: spitfires@autox.team.net (Spitfires)
Subject: The ragtop is here
From: s1500@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 17:17:08 +0000
In less time than anticipated, the new Robbins ragtop is here.  I could have
spent a little less money on the lower model ragtop, but there was no
confirmation it had a rear zip-out window. ZRW wasn't a 100% indicator. For
$300 total(including shipping), I'm happy with it.

It's a very nicely made ragtop. Of course, I get 2 pages dedicated to the care
that reads like a commercial to happy fun ball(Do not taunt your Robbins
convertible top).  Any reason why you would have to unlatch it to unzip the
rear window? The vinyl looks slightly thinner than my old ragtop. But I'm
betting over the years the original swelled up a bit to resemble poor-quality
leather. Oh are those new windows ever-so clear.

Which brings me to the next question. Any good solid instructions on how to
install the button snaps? I have not the slightest inkling on how to install
the buttons(especially the female ends) , and it looks like you only have 1
shot at it. I noticed a few "male" snaps on the car body are a bit loose. First
priority is to re-pop rivet those  before installing the ragtop-side snaps.

And in brighter news, the restoration of the sway bar is coming of nicely. An
hour of struggling with a big c-clamp at the suspension wishbone, and the
remaining part was out. The main bar got primed a bit, so the car's off the
jackstands. I think some solid time wire brushing & painting and the sway bar
should look & act like new.

--
http://infaux.net

===     http://www.vtr.org