crank pulley diameters

To: "CARS nass@yahoogroups." <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: crank pulley diameters
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 00:14:50 -0500
Found an oddity this I've not seen before.  While removing the crank damper
from my 'running stand' GT6 engine, I noticed the fan belt pulley was much
smaller than most I've seen before.  Big Red's (late MKIII GT6) pulley, and
the two other spare engines here... one a KFxxxx , and one a KDxxx , both
have fan belt crank damper pulleys the same diameter as the damper( 5.85") .
But this one is (on another KD engine) is much smaller than the damper at
just a hair under 4.6"

Anyone have any ideas?   I have TR6 pulley and damper here, but that damper
is larger in diameter than the other three.  The pulley on that is still the
same as the other three GT6 pulleys. That one also have the smaller second
pulley that has the four fan mount bolt holes. But that is not part of the
main damper assy.

model
Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com