Floor pan paint?

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Floor pan paint?
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 21:15:11 -0500
Now that I have my new, rust free spitfire, I would like to keep it that
way.  (First thing, no more
driving on snowy days with the roads salted!)  There is some very light
surface rust on the floor plans, top and bottom.  I'm going to wire brush it
off, but for protection, should I paint POR15
on both sides of the pan?  Bottom only and use a good quality paint like
Rustoleum on top?  Or
is POR15 overkill for a car that will usually only see dry weather?

Thanks!

Greg Rowe

===     http://www.vtr.org